I got home from London yesterday, and I have been lazy and not bothered to post a blog post about it all day... Got other stuff to do :) (yes, I do have a life).
As I've told others, it was a school trip, as I am in the final year/class (only one class per year at my school), who have an annual trip to London.
So... What happened:
- Got up at 5:30am
- Got to school at 5:55am
- Left on minibus at 6:00am
- Arrive at Edinburgh airport
- Fly via EasyJet to Luton (aka. a "London" airport), on a plane departing at 9:35am (or at 9:50am, as it was late)
- Get shuttle bus to station
- While the headmaster buys train ticket a random guy verbally abuses the staff
- Train arrives at Kings Cross Thameslink
- Walk YHA St. Pancras, dump luggage in the only room (out of the 4) that is ready
Now, time to provide more detail about our accommodation for the 4 day (87 hour) trip. The YHA St. Pancras is a 4 star hostel opposite St. Pancras station (currently closed and being rebuilt for the Eurostars, for when the CTRL is finally finished "in 2007"), as you should know, the Kings Cross area is rather sordid...
We were in 4 rooms, each with 4 beds in (well, 2 bunk beds in each), in one room (507), was the headmaster and his wife, in 506, was the 4 girls, in 505, 3 boys, and in 505 was me and 3 other boys.
Anyhow, back to Friday:
- Have lunch at McDonalds, we get given Â£5 each, and get to keep however much is left over
- Went on a Duck Tour of London, quite oceanic :) and enjoyable (and leaves you rather soaked)
- Walk to Buckingham Palace, through St James's Park, as we have some spare time
- Head off back to near were we came from, for the British Airways London Eye ("We hope you enjoy your flight" :D)
- Go back to the hostel for supper (rather horrid Fish 'n' Chips)
- Lights out at 10:15 pm. Nobody goes to sleep :P
After midnight, the boys in 505 are now asleep, while us 4 in room 504 are talking quitely, but the girls in 506, opposite 507, where the headmaster and his wife are asleep, are screaming and laughing their heads off. One of the boys from my room is returning from the toilet when he sees one of the girls standing in the corridor, nobody knows why she was. By the time another of the boys looks outside all the girls were outside, they all barge into our room. We're talking quitely (mostly about trying to get one of the girls pretend to fancy one of the boys in the other room, as we had heard him say that he thought she fancied him :p), but it isn't quiet enough, and the headmaster manages to hear what we're saying before knocking on the door, one of the boys opens it and without us saying to the girls hide, by the time they know it's the headmaster they make a stupid choice and continue to hide, however, we already know the headmaster knows exactly where they are, and we all get in a hell of a lot of trouble - I quote: "I am extremely disappointed in you, I thought you'd be better than this."
Throughout the next day it becomes obvious that something like this happened the previous year. Oh well, that's life :D
- Get woken up at 6:45am
- Everybody got dressed and showered
- Questioned about what happened last night, before we have time to talk together, to get our stories straight (it ended up with nobody saying who knocking on the boys in 505's door, apart from that, they were all the same, or at least to my knowledge)
- Breakfast at 7:30am (*yawn*) - Sausage, Bacon and Baked Beans, as well as a cup of orange juice and a mug of Hot Chocolate for me
- Managed to get to Euston station, we all buy:
- Bag of crisps
- Get the underground to London Bridge to go to the London Dungeon, before finding out we have 30 minutes to wait before it opens :(
- Walk along the river bank to the Tate Modern, where we have time to see half of the first floor, before having to leave and (almost) loosing a girl (:twisted:)
- Eat our lunch outside the Tate Modern
- Use the underground to get to Oxford Circus, and then go shopping at:
- Finally, go to the Globe Theatre to see The Tempest, the most confusing play in the world
- Get up, breakfast, etc.
- Visit the science museum
- Have lunch outside the Natural History Museum
- Visit the Natural History Museum, end up getting boiled and go outside and play Brick on my iPod Photo while sitting on a bench)
- Spend an hour wondering around Covent Garden
- Go to the IMAX, see Cyberworld 3D (crap film - don't see it)
- Go back to Covent Garden, to go to Pizza Hut, where we all end up talking about something, and the headmaster tells his son (who is in my year/class(/room)) to make sure what is gonna happen tonight doesn't happen, although it's nothing about tonight, just the girl pretending to fancy the boy (he is away at the toilet at the time)
- Sleep. Nothing happens tonight ;)
- (Attempt) to blow up the Tower of London
- Attack the Tower of London from HMS Belfast
- Go Home